MONDAY, 25 JULY 2016, "BEING SERVANT YET MASTER"

FIRST READING:2 Corinthians 4:7-15 / GOSPEL: Matthew 20:20-28
The whole Christian understanding is Serving others and not taking pride in what we do. It is rightly told in the first reading that, We all share one Spirit. This Spirit of Jesus tells us to wash the feet of others. The servant-hood of Christ does not ask you to become a door mat. But keeping your self respect and dignity but devoid of your pride, authority and selfishness. At a time it becomes too difficult for us to serve others. Especially when we are holding power. But we need to remind ourselves that GOD is the ultimate. If our power and authority does not help others, does not make any good, then what is the meaning in holding that power or authority? Let us ask ourselves, Do I have the Spirit of serving others? Do I try to bring change in serving the needy when I am in power? Let us not forget that though Jesus washed the feet, cleansed the lepers yet he remains the MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE. 

Quote: "The Pinnacle of the fulfillment I can ever experience of my Spirit and Soul is to hear from the Lord, when I see Him face to face, 'Well done my good and faithful servant'"-Nick Vujicic

No comments:

Post a Comment