SATURDAY, 30 JULY 2016, "RIGHTEOUSNESS AND THE COST TO PAY"

FIRST READING: Jeremiah 26:11-16,24 / GOSPEL: Matthew 14:1-12
When is the last time you really stood for something you thought to be right? When everyone would be against you for that cause how would you feel? The same story is found in today's Liturgy of Word. Jeremiah and John the Baptist are accused by the priests and people, even king. So they loose their life for standing up against the wicked practices of people. In our life too we see and encounter various injustices around us. How do I take it? Do I stand up and speak against it or say to myself 'it's not my business'? The true Christian call is to speak up against the injustices, on bargain it may cost my life, but the life which is cynical and thinks only for it's benefit, what is the use of living that LIFE?


Quote: "I seek truth over a lie; I seek justice over injustice; I seek righteousness over the rewards of evildoers, and I love God more than I love the state." - H. Rap Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment