THURSDAY, 21 JULY 2016, "HOW TO SEE WITHOUT LOOKING AND HEAR WITHOUT LISTENING? "

FIRST READING: Jeremiah 2:1-3,7-8,12-13 / GOSPEL: Matthew 13:10-17
Thus says the Lord! it's a typical a prophet's way of telling to the people. A prophet speaks on behalf of God to the people. I used to wonder why ISRAELITE never heed to God's word even seeing what God has done to them? This question may also arise in everyone one of us. But no wonder when I look at my life and its happenings. I was surprised to see all the difficult moments I have remembered God for help. I have even cried and prayed earnestly to God to take away the suffering and pain. And everything settles down I am on my way never bothering God who helped in those moments of difficulties. And it's true what Jesus told two thousand years ago. It really makes sense now, we can't comprehend the mind of Jesus. We look without seeing and Listen without hearing. Seeing and Hearing are the two greatest faculties of human being. In order to able to see and listen God, first of all we need to hear and listen to the people around us. When is the last time I sat with my parents and talked like a child? When is the last time I gave my ear to my husband/wife or children? When is the last time I went to the SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION?

Quote: Unlike seeing, where one can look away, one cannot 'hear away' but must listen...hearing implies already belonging together in such a manner that one is claimed by what is being said. -Hans-George Gadamer

No comments:

Post a Comment