MONDAY, AUGUST 1 2016, "SHALOM, LET THERE BE PEACE"

FIRST READING: Jeremiah 28:1-17/ GOSPEL: Matthew 14:13-21
"...but the prophet who prophesies peace can only be recognised as one truly sent by the Lord when his word comes true." Thus says the Lord our God. The true people will always seek peace not war. The world around us is full of conflict, war and suffering. Jesus too preached peace and not war. He was fully touched by the sufferings of the people. The best example is feeding of five thousand people. How do I feel when there is a constant struggle in the world for power, money and fame? Do I use violence to get what I wish? Do I seek peace in my family and around where I live?


Quote: "We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."-Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment